11 Inspirational Quotes for Language learners
Sometimes it happens that we need some extra motivation when it comes to language learning. Even when we try our best it can be very difficult to remain optimistic and motivted all the time…and when this moment comes, please remember that learning another language opens our minds and can lead to numbers of opportunities. Hope these quotes will help you to work hard and never stop learning!
1. If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart.
‒ Nelson Mandela
2. One language sets you in a corridor for life. Two languages open every door along the way.
‒ Frank Smith
3. Knowledge of languages is the doorway to wisdom.
‒ Roger Bacon
4. Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can; there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did.
‒ Sarah Caldwell
5. …the only normal way to begin speaking in a new language is to begin speaking badly!!
– Greg and Angela Thomson,
Growing Participator Approach
6. Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.
‒ Chinese Proverb
7. “A different language is a different vision of life.”
- Federico Fellini
8. The limits of my language are the limits of my world.
‒ Ludwig Wittgenstein
9. Language is the road map of a culture. It tells you where its people come from and where they are going.
‒ Rita Mae Brown
10. A man who knows two languages is worth two men.
‒ French Proverb
11. Language is the blood of the soul into which thoughts run and out of which they grow.
‒ Oliver Wendell Holmes